Stay Focused Mentor Program's
- Collaborate with Charlotte/Mecklenburg School district in the area to identify 60 students enrolled in grades 7-12.
*30 Students from grades 7th, 8th, and 9th
*30 Students from grades 10th, 11th, and 12th
- Ten Students will be initially selected from each grade level. As seniors graduate from High school and go to college, ten students in grade seven will be selected to enroll in the program to ensure continuity of program participants.
- Students for this program will be identified by coaches, teachers and counselors from the targeted schools and communities.
- The Criteria for student selection and participation in the program include the following:
A minimum grade point average that is accepted is 1.33 GPA on
a 4.0 un-weighted.
* An acceptable, one page essay on why he should be invited
to participate in the program.
* Recommendation from the school principal, guidance counselor,
teacher and coach.
* Commitment to participate in the program through high school
graduation, barring unusual circumstance(s).
* Each student and mentor will sign an agreement to support and
Summer Camps will be held in conjunction with pro affiliates and will be
highly structured in the role athletics and will require each
student selected to participate and develop a sustainable relationship with his mentor while gaining skills in discipline, focusing, time management, study skills and nutrition.